Saturday, October 20, 2012

So the question thing I did in my last post put me in mind of my favorite names. The following list has been changed rather a lot, but these are some of my favorite boy and girl names/combination of names.

For girls -
  • Margaret Ann/Lynn 
  • Amy/Aimee Lisette
  • Emma Antonia
  • Emma Lynn
  • Daniella  
I've always loved the name Margaret and the nickname Maggie. Yes, I left the e off of Ann on purpose. I'm sorry Miss Shirley, but I think it looks so much better without it. I've liked Aimee ever since I first saw Wives and Daughters, and I like Daniella and Antonia as much for their nicknames as the names themselves. Dani, Ella, Ani, Toni, Tonia, Ania. :)

For boys -
  • James Patrick
  • Samuel Curtis
  • Paul Anthony/Anthony Paul
  • William Miles
  • Thomas Miles/Miles Thomas
  • Benjamin Thomas
Honestly, I have more fun with boy names. I've always liked James, Patrick, William and Benjamin. Samuel, Paul, and Thomas have grown on me more recently. Curtis, Miles, and Anthony were inspired at least in part by fictional characters. Curtis is the last name of the main character from one of my favorite books, The Outsiders. Miles I didn't like so much at first, but I read Men of Iron in which the hero is named Miles Falworth, and then I took care of a cute little boy named Miles, and now I like it quite a bit. Anthony's chief attraction for me is it's nickname, Tony, which happens to be the name of one of my favorite characters from 24. I also love the nickname Charlie, but I don't much like the name Charles.

I also think that a cute name for boy/girl twins would be Ella and Milo, but when I mentioned that to my mum she thought Milo was a dreadful name. So if I were ever to have boy/girl twins I'll name them Daniella and Miles and then I can call them Ella and Milo when I like, but If they don't like the names they aren't stuck with them :)

2 comments: