Monday, September 9, 2013

This weekend was a crockpot weekend

I bought a pot roast about a month ago and Saturday night I decided to make it. I find pulled pork to be very bland, and since I didn't have any barbeque sauce, I decided to marinade it in honey and cinnamon. I tell you what, the pork roast smelled gross when I took it out of the packaging, not because it had gone bad, but just because it did. Once I'd smothered it in honey and cinnamon the smell was practically nauseating. I hoped I hadn't just wasted $10. God was kind, and it turned out that I hadn't. I marinaded it over night and in the morning put it in the crock-pot with some potatoes, carrots, and apples. During the afternoon it smelled like some kind of cinnamon-apple bread.



 Before the pulled pork was finished I had decided that I was going to make applesauce as soon as it was done.  The recipe I was using said it would take 3-4 hours. I started it at 7 and by 11:30 it looked like what you see below. I needed to go to bed so I decided to just call it chunky applesauce and end it there. It tastes rather fabulous if I do say so myself. :)


I put it in an old pickle jar that I'd scavenged from home. After I took the pickle labels off there was still a sticky residue which turned out to be just the right size for a piece of my note paper, so I had a little fun with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment