Sunday, November 2, 2014

Somehow, when I was creating my top ten animated movies list, I forgot to include one of my all-time favorites. How could I do that?! I'll tell you how. My working theory is that at some point 5 or 6 years ago I was kidnapped by a mad scientist who proceeded to put me through an operation to swap my memory with that of his 85 year old mother in attempt to stop her dementia. Now of course, this is impossible, so it didn't work, but it did severely damage my hippocampus and cortex, thus leaving me with an ever degrading vocabulary and a very poor memory. And that, my friends, is how I forgot to include Atlantis in my top ten animated movie list. Atlantis, people. I forgot Atlantis.





"We're all gonna die."

This is one of those movies that completely arrested my imagination and influences many of the stories I make up for myself even now. Aside from being beautifully drawn, it's also well written and very funny. Half the characters are my favorites, from the dry-humored, Vinny, the explosives expert to friendly, matter-of-fact Dr. Sweets. Pretty much anyone who isn't a villain in this movie is one of my favorites or second favorites. Kida is probably my favorite Disney princess. Before remembering this movie, I would have said Tiana, but I probably shouldn't have said that since I haven't seen the movie. :P  It's also my pet theory that Atlantis was a real place before the flood. Just thought I'd throw that out there. :)

Anyways, Netflix has it on instant play so you should probably go watch it. Like, right now. Unless you should be studying, in which case go study and then give yourself a break and watch Atlantis.







No comments:

Post a Comment